Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Lornie Jam

Like toe jam, but not as gross.


I woke up at 2pm today and decided to ride in to the office anyway.

Something I've discovered: when pedestrians cross the road, they always cross in a way that they would intersect my path if I don't slow down or swerve to avoid them.

Odd, that.

Also, the faster I go, the further I ride from the double yellow lines.

Anyway there was a honking big jam at Lornie Road. It was too hot to pull out a camera so I'll just lavish you with words instead: I hopped onto the pavement and rode out the jam.

Apparently some truck had broken down and hit some other car in the front, on the rightmost lane.

Shit happens. What is interesting though, is the truck needed towing. What kind of accident totals the engine block but only dents the bumper?

No comments: