Tuesday, July 29, 2008

10 things I hate/love about commuting by bike

I hate:

10. People who are waiting for a cab at kerbside always seem to only raise their hands up to flag a cab when I'm passing by, requiring me to swerve.

9. Rubbish trucks, that like to drive up alongside me and then overtake, very slowly.

8. Rubbish juice.

7. Punctures.

6. Chainsuck.

5. Drivers who honk.

4. Drivers who don't signal their turns.

3. Drivers who turn into your path, knowing full well that you're going to have to slam on the brakes.

2. Drivers who flash their headlights at me.

1. Other cyclists who hog lanes.



I love:

10. Not having to squeeze onto a bus or train along with the entire world.

9. Getting to and from work on my own power. Freedom.

8. I get to work and home in the exact same amounts of time each way. Predictable.

7. Rain on the way home adds fun to the ride.

6. Saving money on the trains and buses that I don't take.

5. No need to join a gym.

4. Listening to music on the rides.

3. Beating traffic gridlocks.

2. Watching the sun set along Bukit Timah / Dunearn Road

1. Fresh air in the morning

No comments: